1. For the whole community:
Study Guides for the Four
Each guide has 5 small group or
personal study sessions, which can be
used in a variety of ways.
Help your people read these documents.
They are the basis of today's Church.
- Source & Summit (Liturgy)
- Christ is the Light of the Nations
- Revealed by God (Revelation)
- The Church in the World (Gaudium
Click here to find them
2. For those who want to go deeper, especially Youth and
Young Adults (who were all born after Vatican II was
history!) Perfect for Small Church Communities.
14 Study Sessions on Vatican II
We have created a very complete Study Guide based
on Vatican II in Plain English. This guide will walk
you through all the aspects of the Council:
This Study Guide is FREE when you order 3 or
- What led up to Vatican II in Church History?
- How did they get organized?
- Who was there?
- What method did they use to reach consensus?
- What were the outcomes?
- How do these apply to the Church today?
- What was left undone by Vatican II?
more sets of the books. Find all this right here.
|Vatican II Center Director
Author of Vatican II in Plain English
3. Publish our 52 Did You
Know...about Vatican II?
in your parish bulletin, other publications,
or web site. Simple as this may seem,
slowly disseminating information about
the Council is an excellent way to teach
about it. See a sample to your left.
Did You Know...about Vatican II? comes to you as JPG files which you can
easily insert into any publication or web site. The 52 come as a set, enough
for your entire Year of Parish Renewal. Find them here.
Use these valuable parish worksheets
(which are reproducible) to plan ways that
your parish can take key steps to
implement the teachings of the Council in
Find them here.
- The Universal Call to Holiness
- Participatory Liturgy
- Baptism as the "sacrament of
- The Growth of the Domestic Church
- The Promotion of Human Dignity
- The Formation of a Catholic
5. Organize Vatican II Workshops
e-Workshop Kits which we provide. Themes include:
- The Story of Vatican II
- A Review of all 16 Council Documents
- Rethinking Sacraments
Each of these kits comes with
- Really excellent PowerPoint presentations
- Talking points for the presenter
- Handouts which you have the right to reproduce
for your own use
- A lovely Vatican II communal prayer, which is
Use these with Youth Ministry, RCIA, Adult formation,
or any other parish learning group.
Find these here.
|6. Help Your People Deepen their Faith
The Universal Call to Holiness requires of us that we provide opportunities
within the parish to help people deepen their intimacy with Christ and their love
for the Church. Two ways to do that are pictured to your left. Faith Sharing
based on the Question of the Week and the Sunday Readings is one.
This is an e-Resource! Find it here. The Living Christ parish- based
retreat is the other. Put on by you and your leaders, this will light a fire in
your parish like you've never seen before! Nominal cost. Find it here.
Vatican II Communal Prayer
in the very words of Pope John XXIII or the Council Documents.
We offer two sets of these communal prayers, and each is ready to use. Simply reproduce
and you're ready. Use these at all parish meetings and classes throughout the year.
All reproducible e-Resources.
Little by little, introduce folks to the powerful person of Blessed John
XXIII and the profound work of the Second Vatican Council.
Find the Vatican II prayers here. Find the Pope John prayers here.
8. Use the Twelve Handouts about Vatican II
Each of these addresses one key aspect of the Council, and each is an excellent
teaching or study tool on the Council.
- Pope John’s opening speech at the Council
- Catholic Memories on the Eve of the Council
- Factors which Gave Rise to Vatican II
- How Vatican II did its Work – the Methodology
- Archbishop Hallinan’s Council Speech on Women
- How to Teach About Vatican II in Your Parish
- The Prayers of Vatican II
- The Gift of Peace – Pacem in Terris
- On the Primacy of Conscience and How to Explain It
Find them here.
- The History of the Church Culminating in Vatican II - (a longer document
suitable for sharing electronically)
- Vatican II Ends Centuries of Grudge Holding
- A Complete Summary of Documents of the Council
9. Vatican II:
the Next Generation!
Lessons for young Catholics. Teach
them about the Council! Help them
grow up in the modern Church.
This wonderful collection of lessons and
teacher guides addresses kids in grades
K-2, 3-5 or 6-8. Find them here.
|The whole church rejoices
as we prepare for
The 50th Anniversary
Opening Day of Vatican II
which was on October 12, 1962